Volkhard Lindner, M.D., Ph.D.
Grazina Armie Mangoba, HLT (ASCP)
The Histopathology Core facility was established to provide Histology services to the investigators associated with the Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE)in Regenerative Medicine. The objective is to provide high quality stained tissue sections on microscope slides to support the research at the institute. Services include tissue fixation, processing, embedding, sectioning, staining and coverslipping of paraffin or frozen tissue sections. Staining of tissue sections ranges from routine H&E's (Hematoxylin-Eosin) to special stains demonstrating specific tissue structures such as collagen, amyloid, bone, cartilage, vessels, kidney basement membranes, hematopoetic cells and PAS reactions. Stains offered include Trichrome, Von Kossa, PicroSirius Red, Elastic, Giemsa, PAS and others are developed and provided as needed. The Core offers immunohistochemical staining with a general selection of antibodies.
The Core is managed and operated by a full-time Histotechnologist. The Core director oversees the overall Core operations and assists in the interpretation and evaluation of Histologic specimens. The facility is equipped with technological instrumentation including a Leica TP1020 Automated Tissue Processor, a Leica XL Autostainer, a Fisher HistoCenter embedding station and Microm microtomes and cryostat.
- Tissue Processing
- Routine H&E Staining
- Special Stains
- Immunohistochemistry Stains
- Rabbit Monoclonal Anti-Myc Tag Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin/Formalin)
- Rabbit Monoclonal Anti-phosphoSmad1/5/8 Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin/Formalin)
- Rabbit Monoclonal Anti-VE-cadherin (cadherin-5)Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin/Formalin)
- Rabbit Monoclonal Anti-ZO2/TJP2 (tight junction protein) Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin/Formalin)
- Rabbit Monoclonal Anti-Cthrc1 Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin/Formalin)
- Custom tissue micro arrays
Obtain the appropriate Histology request form below. For requests outside the MMC Research Institute, please contact the Core Manager to arrange services. For in-house requests at the institute, refer to the Tissue Submission Protocols and submit the internal request form and specimens as directed.
- Service Request Form (Internal to MMCRI only)
- Tissue Submission Protocols (Internal to MMCRI only)
- Service Request Form & Price List - (External Requests)