The mission of CORE is to support the mission of MMC and MMCRI and includes the following goals:
- To plan, develop, and implement a program of epidemiological, observational, intervention, outcomes, and evaluation research that can improve our understanding of health and illness, identify better ways to deliver health care, and improve the health of the community;
- To expand the research program as new opportunities and problems arise;
- To educate medical students, residents, health care professionals, researchers, and the community with respect to research methods, the development of grant applications and manuscripts, and recent scientific findings;
- To mentor new investigators, providing training and guidance in all phases of research;
- To integrate investigators from different scientific backgrounds and to develop collaborative research partnerships;
- To provide consultation on research design and statistical issues; and
- To communicate and disseminate research findings.